So, as many of y’all know, masks have become widely used in helping to stop the spread of the coronavirus. While it may feel daunting and a bit uncomfortable to put on a mask at first, it is something that we must wear and do in other to protect our friends, family members, and others in our world. For myself, I see the mask as my latest and greatest accessory. You heard that right – masks CAN and WILL be the best fashion accessory of 2020 and maybe even beyond. That being said, why not make wearing a mask something fun and fashionable?! Today, I am sharing five different looks for various summer social distancing occasions that you may encounter with only ONE mask.
Look 1 – Off to Run!
- T-shirt: Lauren James (purchased on sale a few years ago)
- Athletic skort: Athleta (thrifted)
- Sneakers: Nike (bought a few years ago)
Look 2 – Cocktail Night!
- Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (thrifted)
- Sandals: Jack Rogers
Look 3 – A Casual Hangout
- Top: Banana Republic (thrifted)
- Shorts: Lilly Pulitzer (got it at Goodwill!!)
- Sandals: Jack Rogers
Look 4 – In the Office
- Top: SheIn
- Necklace: Cora’s Den (shop similar monogrammed styles here)
- Skirt: J Crew (bought for under $10 on ThredUp!)
- Flats: Elie Tahari (I’ve had these for years)
Look 5 – Along the Waterfront
- Romper: Lilly Pulitzer (got it off of Poshmark!)
- Vest: GAP (thrifted)
- Flip flops: J Crew Factory (shop similar prints here!)
Love the mask I am wearing?! It is handmade by Tasha Nelson of Tashmopolitan Couture. She sells this pink seersucker mask that I am wearing and many more beautifully sewn styles – Lilly Pulitzer masks anyone?! – on her Instagram page live in her stories. The best part is is that she does mask sales pretty often, so you can pick out a new style or two to complete your wardrobe overtime! You can check out Tasha’s super adorable Instagram page here!
Even though wearing a mask may not seem like the most ideal look at the moment, it can be a super fun accessory. Luckily, cloth masks are pretty affordable for the most part with many being under $20 including shipping. The affordability of the face mask means that you can create this brand-new accessory into a fun staple item that you can play around with. Moreover, masks can be worn with a variety of different looks and they can be super fun to mix and match with other prints for several occasions, whether dressed up or down. That being said, get your masks out and go dig in your closet for some cute summer looks!
XOXO – Katie <3