Hey y’all! Today, I will be sharing my third-ever The Life of Katie! Fortunately, these have become quite a hit here on this platform, so I will continue to do them for weeks to come. As always stated in these posts, before I get into sharing a peek into my life and the inner workings of my life and how I spread my own confetti, I want to hear a bit about yours. So, at the end of this post, comment below one or two things that you’re looking forward to this week – I would LOVE to know!
What’s Been on my Mind?!
- Chicago Med, cont. – Recently, I have been watching a LOT of Chicago Med. Y’all I LOVE THIS SHOW! While I do love Grey’s Anatomy too and the patients that they bring into the hospital, I have found that I prefer the patients and their cases that Chicago Med has brought on a bit more. Not to mention, I really love that this show has a psychiatric program that is regularly seen on the show – it is something different that I think is so so vital to today’s society and especially with hospital patients and their cases. At the same time, they have a regular doctor on the show who is on the autism spectrum, which brings about a ton of diversity even more than what the show’s cast has to offer. Needless to say, this show is a hit and has oddly enough, helped me to be more productive with my work.
- Pumpkin Spice, am I right?! – Creamer, syrup, and coffee grounds, oh my! I have been LOVING the pumpkin spice season, especially with it now being September! Recently, I purchased Mr. Coffee’s Iced Coffee Machine and have been enjoying every minute of owning it. I have been brewing up ALL the iced pumpkin spice lattes in the comfort of my own home since. Through it all, I have been embracing this pumpkin spice season, and enjoying every minute of it!
- Addison Montgomery coming back to Grey’s Anatomy! – If you know me, then you know I LOVE Addison Montgomery from both Grey’s Anatomy and its spin-off Private Practice. This past week, actress Kate Walsh who plays this favorite character of mine announced in the form of a super fun Tik Tok that she would be coming back onto Grey’s Anatomy for its upcoming Season 18. Let me just say that I am SO SO excited that Addison Montgomery is making her first appearance back on the screen after around 10 years. It’ll be super fun to see her back at it again and as a regular within the ever-evolving show cast and of course with causing drama for the series lead Meredith Grey!
- Fall recipes! – The other day, I saw a meme about how, since it is September, it is officially soup season! My mind has been wrapped around the idea of all of the adorable Fall recipes that I can be doing this season, from Butternut squash soup, to spaghetti squash pasta, to candy corn cookies. At the same time, I am super excited to be able to hit the aisles of Trader Joe’s and local Farmer’s Markets in the coming weeks for Fall goodies to try in my own kitchen, too. I have been doing a lot of meal planning and searching the web and Pinterest to admire some of the many Fall recipes that I plan to try this season.
These are a Few of my Favorite Things!
- Downtown Fairfax, Virginia – The other day, I took a day trip to downtown Fairfax, Virginia. Located in the heart of Northern Virginia’s Fairfax County, Fairfax, Virginia has an ADORABLE tiny downtown that has lots to do. I made a visit to go get dinner with my friend Haley at the local Coyote Grill and we had a great time! Not only was the food good, but the restaurant’s atmosphere was even better. Haley also lives right near the downtown, so it’s fun to know that I have someone I can see who calls this adorable place home. Needless to say, many of the other restaurants in downtown Fairfax gave me that same appeal. Luckily for myself, downtown Fairfax is an easy 20-30 minute day trip from my own home, and I will be back very soon.
- Glitter & Daisies – One of my good fellow influencer friends, Holly, of Glitter & Daisies created her own shop selling Disney ears with the same namesake! Holly has worked countless hours, days, weeks, and months to get this shop up and running and she is so deserving of all the glory that has come to her since. Her Disney ears are oh so adorable and provide several ounces of glam, especially if you’re going on a Disney trip or doing a Disney run (virtual or at the parks). This past weekend, Holly’s shop went live and she is doing so so so well since it did, and I could not be any prouder. Above all else, I cannot wait to place my order after Lilly Pulitzer’s After Party Sale! You can shop her site here: https://www.glitteranddaisies.com.
- Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Machine – Last week, I unboxed my Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee machine. Let me tell y’all, it is amazing! I am so excited that I was able to purchase this easy-to-use iced coffee machine and how much money I will be saving, too. I will be publishing a review on this iced coffee machine later this week, so be on the lookout for that. In the meantime, the other day on Facebook, I spotted that this exact iced coffee machine is being sold for $15 at Walmart. So, run!!!!
- The Dollar Tree’s Fall Decor – I have been oh so excited, whenever I walk through the doors of my local Dollar Tree, to admire ALL of the Fall decorations. From wooden silhouettes in the shapes of pumpkins and witches, to block decals even in the form of a monogram, to outdoor scarecrows, to pumpkins, The Dollar Tree has it all. The Dollar Tree has truly stepped up their game in the recent months/years. In fact, my friends Kaylee and Julia go there for holiday decorations and decorations in general and I can see why! I have similarly started doing the same, myself, too. Needless to say, I am excited to go back and make a visit this week for even more Fall decorations.
- My new do! – Last week, I *finally* got rid of my long, COVID-19 locks and opted for a shorter AND blonder hair do! I have been going to the same hairdresser for almost 10 years now and my mother much longer than me and I could not not go to her yet again. I had a great time getting my hair done and am excited about my new look. Y’all, it WAS about time!
Recent Purchases & My Wishlist Items!
- Fall Decor – This past week, I went to both Hobby Lobby and The Dollar Tree, in order to purchase Fall decorations. Soon enough, I will be revealing my Fall decorations for this year on my social media and here on the blog. Let me just say that there are SO many adorable decorations on the shelves this Fall y’all!
- Ipsy – Back in June, I finally took the plunge and got an Ipsy Makeup Bag monthly subscription. I have to say that I LOVE getting new and exciting makeup finds that I would not have found elsewhere each month. August, I got an eyeshadow duo palette and a blush that I LOVE and have been wearing since I unzipped my pouch!
- J Crew Factory Fall Items – I’m a sucker for J Crew! J Crew Factory has continuously been one of my favorite fashion brands. Their new Fall arrivals are oh so adorable, and I cannot wait to shop them in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I am having the hardest time being able to decide which item(s) to take the plunge on and purchase. Though, I will say that I LOVE their scalloped tanks, paper skirts, patent wedges, and top knot headbands.
What’s on the Docket?!
- Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale – Rumor has it, the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale will be occurring within the next week or two. Let’s just say that this girl will be shopping until she drops. I always use the September After Party Sales to stock up on Lilly Pulitzer products that I can style someway for the Fall months. I am also a sucker for Fall, y’all, and cannot wait to wear some Lilly even if it is cooler outside!
- Sunday Football Day – Sunday is a big football day, especially in my family’s house! This upcoming weekend, my Dad is coming into town to watch the football game with my brother, so I will be baking them some Italian football snacks and lunch. I am super excited to be able to provide my Dad and brother with some fun snacks to enjoy their football fun on the couch!
Now, as stated up above, I would LOVE to hear what you’re up to this week! Comment down below something that you’re looking forward to!
XOXO – Katie <3