Cheers, because the Lilly Pulitzer Sunshine Sale (formerly known as the After Party Sale) is *almost* here!!!! If you know me, then you know I LOVE a good sale, especially from my favorite fashion house. Personally, I have shopped this sale many many many times. For many, the Lilly Pulitzer Sunshine Sale can be pretty daunting especially at first. So, today, I am spilling ALLL the tea on all about shopping the upcoming Sunshine Sale!
About the After Party Sale
The Lilly Pulitzer Sunshine Sale is the brand’s biannual sale. Markdowns range from 30%-70%. One of the elements of Lilly Pulitzer that makes it and its Sunshine Sale so unique is the fact that their sales are only twice a year (January and September). There is NEVER a sale section on the Lilly Pulitzer website, well if you have yet to notice, or in-store to a high extent on most days. The Sunshine Sale takes place at all Lilly Pulitzer stores and Lilly Pulitzer Signature Stores or boutiques, including The Printed Peach and Postcards from Paradise, and even Zappos has some great deals. In this case of the September 2021 Sale, due to COVID-19, I am pretty sure that the sale will only be held online and may remain on this online format for sales to come.
Traditionally, the sale lasts in stores only over the weekend for a first exclusive access and then online the following Monday and Tuesday. Typically, when online, the Sunshine Sale starts at 8am (Eastern time) on the first day of the sale and ends at midnight (Eastern time) the next. New sale items also arrive each day of the two days and even later in the day, too. Not only do all Lilly Pulitzer corporation stores participate, but also all Lilly Pulitzer Signature Stores – even online – take part in it, too!
The Waiting Line
Set your alarm clocks and grab your wallets, because IT’S SALE TIME!!! For the start of the online sale on the Lilly Pulitzer website, I highly recommend getting up about an hour early and shopping the sale early. However, you WILL be put in a waiting line virtually before entering the sale. Usually, it will say an estimated waiting time, but it will go by much much much faster than anticipated. In my experiences, it has lasted about 10-20 minutes maximum. The BEST PART?! You can log onto the sale on ALL of your devices at once! But, just be sure to not reload your device – otherwise, you will be placed back into the virtual waiting line from the start.
As previously noted, Lilly Pulitzer Signature Stores DO participate in the Sunshine Sale, too! Signature stores include, The Printed Peach in Savannah, Postcards from Paradise in Holland, Pink in Greenville, North Carolina, and The Pink Crab in Annapolis and Rehoboth Beach. They sell all of the same merchandise if not more from previous seasons that they still have in stock, as compared to the corporate stores. In fact, some of the Signature Stores launch their online sales at midnight the day that the Lilly Pulitzer sale goes LIVE at 8am. So, you can score some great deals the night before hitting the Lilly Pulitzer site!
- Log onto the Sunshine Sale on the first day about an hour to a half hour before the sale launches on the Lilly Pulitzer site. As the saying goes, the early bird gets the worm!
- Upon joining the waiting list for the Sunshine Sale that first morning, have the site open on ALL of your devices! The more the merrier and the more deals and items you can score!
- Check Zappos and Signature Stores at midnight on the first day. The moment the clock strikes midnight, stores such as Zappos and Signature Stores with websites may use this time to broadcast their own sale deals and give us all a sneak peek and opportunity to snag some for ourselves, too! Trust me, you’ll want to buy early since they WILL go fast.
- An item you want isn’t in stock?! Then, check Signature Stores via messaging them on social media, calling them, their websites, and even going in-store.
- Have a set budget. Yes, have a set budget in mind for how much you are willing to spend during the sale. It may be exciting and tempting to buy as much as you see, but be sure that you can afford all that you get, so you and your wallet can thank you later!!!
Now, Happy Shopping folks!
XOXO – Katie <3