Everyday I’m hustling is I guess my anthem! To say that I am one that enjoys to be on the go is most definitely the truth. I have always LOVED to live for the hustle and am grateful to have it back in my life, due to the slowdown that COVID-19 brought to it all. My work life is most definitely picking up and while the days are tiresome at times, as I am adjusting to it all, working full time has been one of the most rewarding things that I have ever done for myself and to thank my family for the support that they have provided me in a variety of ways over the course of my life. Needless to say, The Life of Katie! blog posts are going to take on a much more simplified version moving forward. Through it all, as always, I want to hear what YOU are up to this week, so comment it at the end of this post!
*Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of my links, then I will receive a small commission. This commission is at no extra cost to you. Additionally, this post is not sponsored, and all opinions are my own.*
What’s been on my mind?!
- Top: Simply Southern (similar linked here)
- Earrings: Target (much smaller hoops but similar style concept linked here)
- Leggings: Cuddl Duds
- Boots: Jack Rogers (similar style linked here)
What Have I Been Up To?!
- Loving Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 – If you know me, then you know that I am CONSTANTLY gushing about ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy! Two weeks ago, this medical drama’s Season 18 premiered, and one of my all-time favorite characters – Addison Forbes Montgomery came back to the show. My inner Addison fangirl went CRAZY. At the same time, I have always admired how Grey’s Anatomy tackles real-world issues that are present in today’s society and learns and grows from the much-needed changes in our world today. For instance, in the most recent episode, Addison emphasizes how she feels that the current class of surgical interns is bringing forward the importance of not overworking our doctors in a world where doctors amongst others in several other careers are overworked. The same idea goes for including and bringing justice to those of ALL races, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, sexualities, abilities, and so much more. All in all, I LOVE Grey’s Anatomy.
- Connectivity – One of my biggest struggles with my move to the Washington, DC area is establishing connections beyond my family and set of friends that I have had for years here pre-move. While it is nice to have already made myself a network in my brand-new city, I am also wanting to have more connections beyond the one’s that I have already. There are some ways that I am planning on using to become much more connected, too, but I have yet to want to share them. Though, I will say that I am starting with becoming connected through my workplace and within my company and branching out beyond my company life, too. I am a workaholic according to my friends – HAH!
- Busy weeks – It’s crazy to think that we’re more than halfway through October! Yesterday, I feel like we were in August. That being said, my calendar is getting busier and busier and busier. But, TRUST ME, I love love love the hustle if you couldn’t tell already. I have a wedding to attend this weekend for my good friend Laura Kate, a trip to Raleigh to celebrate Laura Kate’s wedding and my Lil Sis Lelia’s Class Ring ceremony (y’all it’s a huge deal to get your Class Ring aka your Onyx here at Meredith College!) and go to the NC State Fair, I am making an evening visit to my favorite destination of mine National Harbor this week, attending a DC Bloggers meet up this week, and shooting LOTS of exciting content and working full time in between. Then, the craze and excitement continues for the weeks to come up and until early January 2022 as of right now. I even *yes, even* booked two Christmas excursions just the other day before they fill up. Needless to say, January 2022 will be pretty quiet around here – HAH!
Through it all, I am super grateful to be back on the hustle and bustle train of things and thought. I honestly missed it and LIVE for it. Even though it is an adjustment, I’m grateful for the stability and excitement and joy that it brings me in life. As always, comment down below what you’re looking forward to this coming week!
XOXO – Katie <3