Holiday party apparel on – check. Curling up in a blanket on the couch thanks to exhaustion – check. Drinking wine out of an old coffee mug – check. Christmas happens to be everywhere around me – check. The holiday’s can be INSANE y’all. With 2020 bringing about a lot less holiday parties and in-person gatherings of all sorts, this upcoming 2021 holiday season will be bringing about a much much much crazier holiday season than ever before. Not only will we be adjusting to in-person festivities yet again, but we will also be dealing with the holiday craze like never before. Nevertheless, the holiday’s make staying sane anything but possible. Well, until today’s blog post, which I hope will help you a bit!
How I Stay Sane During the Holiday’s
- Start early – There’s nothing worse than it being one week until Christmas time and you have yet to decorate the tree, wrap the gifts, decide what casserole to make, and to bake that batch of cookies. Yes, we all know that it can be a lot at times, but it always helps to start early. You know what they say, the early bird gets the worm!
- Make a list of EVERYTHING I aspire to accomplish this holiday season – Decorating the house, buying the presents, baking the casseroles and cookies, hosting that holiday party, and wrapping all those presents. There’s A LOT that we have to do for the holiday’s in general. The holiday’s are a crazy time of year, and it is oh so easy for everything that we aspire to and need to do this season to get all jumbled in our minds. That being said, it most definitely helps to see in writing what you aspire to accomplish this holiday season. When you see it all out in the open, then you can conquer it in increments, especially when starting early!
- Check that list twice – Before we find out whose naughty or nice, we gotta check our holiday to do’s list again and again and again. Usually, there are so many things that we need to do that we do not even realize that we need to do until later. That being said, checking our list twice helps us accomplish what we need to do and aspire to do and even more.
- Make a budget – Let’s get this straight: the holiday’s are expensive! That being said, making a budget is key to success when it comes to the holidays. There are so many expenses that come with it all and to be able to set your limits early and not via a hefty credit card bill come January is the key to financial success during this crazy exciting season.
- Stick to that said budget – Now, the hardest part of it all is actually having the discipline to stick to that budget. To be honest, I struggle with this one the most out of them all, but despite the struggles, sticking to a budget is oh so rewarding and worth it in the long run.
- Do tasks on your list in increments – When accomplishing and tackling the holidays, do it all in increments. As previously mentioned, the holidays is indeed a crazy *overwhelming* time of year. So, doing what you can to get what you need to get done little by little will help keep you sane and be successful, too.
- Take time to soak up some holiday cheer! – Most importantly, through it all, take some time to sit back, relax, and enjoy some holiday cheer. Enjoy that glass of Egg nog, that Peppermint Mocha, and that Shot of Bailey’s and everything in between! Take the time to admire the Christmas decorations all around, time with friends and family, and give back to those around you. But, take the time for YOU too.
The holiday’s are a crazy time of year, but they can also be a super exciting time of year. Through it all, be sure to soak in ALL of the holiday cheer. Get a dose of Christmas spirit and take it everywhere you go, too!
XOXO – Katie <3