Adaptation and embracing the change are my two keywords at the moment, especially when moving into 2022! In 2021, I graduated back in May from Meredith College – officially ending my undergraduate college years. Since then, adjusting to post-graduate life has been a whirlwind of emotions and changes. Needless to say, it has been tough and I had a tough 6 months, like many that are recent college graduates do when first out in the real world. It sucked. BUT, I have been striving to set goals to make amends and adapt to life in the postgraduate world as, essentially, an adult. Today’s Life of Katie! is ALL about those changes that I have been and am continuing to be making moving into month 2 of 2022.
*Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of my links, then I will receive a small commission. This commission is at no extra cost to you. Additionally, this post is not sponsored, and all opinions are my own.*
- Professional goal setting – My company PRIDES on setting goals and achieving them over time, given that they are realistic and knowing what life may bring in our personal lives. When my personal life felt like it was up in flames after graduation, it was HARD to get on my feet professionally or simply feel as if I could. BUT, professional goal setting is something that not only my company requires for every employee at the start of each year *we LOVE that*, but also something I strive for personally. When I have something to aim for in the future, that helps me be my best self and enjoy the present.
- Getting back into the church groove – One of the main things that I want to do in 2022 is make attending church a regular weekly activity. I used to attend church regularly in high school and LOVED my high school church (which happens to be the same one by my house in Washington, DC!). Church was a HUGE part of my high school life and, after graduating from college, I realized how much I missed it and want it apart of my life as a postgraduate. The community, while quite different people wise from 2017, still has the same foundation that it had when I moved down to North Carolina and many of the same folks there to this day. The community there is PRICELESS. Unfortunately, due to the Omicron variant, my church going days have been a bit delayed, BUT I want to strive to make a more consistent effort to attend more in the New Year. I am also starting a class at my church on getting to dig deeper into my Christian faith, actually starting today. Perhaps, you may be reading this while I am there!!
- HelloFresh – This week, I am getting my fourth HelloFresh box in the mail! If you have been following me on Instagram (follow me @_thepinkchickadee), then you have probably witnessed my continuous sharing of my HelloFresh recipes and meals on the *well, almost* daily. I have LOVED getting to enjoy new and unique meals that are also super healthy, too. I am also a major The Bachelor fan and one of the contestants, Elizabeth Corrigan (who I am a HUGE fan of!), shared how clean eating has helped her manage her anxiety disorder (something I also struggle with on a similar wavelength). Since starting HelloFresh, I have actively seemed out better food options AND felt so so so much better mentally, too. Knowing that others feel similarly is a great feeling!
- Treating myself – I have been striving to spend less and save more in 2022. However, I somehow made an effort this past week to treat myself more than ever before. I customized my Spring 2022 FabFitFun box with MANY extra treats (including boxes from my FAVORITE new tea brand – Vadham!), I shopped the Tuckernuck Sample Sale for some classic workwear and comfort staples, and *FINALLY* got ahold of the Lilly Pulitzer Analeese midi dress which I found in my size in low stock at Saks Fifth Avenue online (check out Annalisese of Southern Belle in Training rocking that new dress of mine here)! This year, I have been one to struggle with treating myself, BUT I find it as a great once in a while way to show yourself some love.
- New friends & many new memories in the Washington, DC area – Since moving to the Washington, DC area just DAYS after graduating from college, it took months to process it all. Not going to lie, it was TOUGH, but now I am more than ready to get back on my feet and enjoy my brand-new city. Needless to say, I am SO SO excited to be living in the Washington, DC area and am super psyched to explore more in this area, too. I have met some great new connections through work, professional societies, and blogging. I am oh so excited to be able to make even more this year, too.
My Favorite Kitchen Essentials!
Since starting to cook more with HelloFresh, I have started to LOVE my kitchen now more than ever before. So, I am sharing ALL of my kitchen essentials – those that I use and love on a regular basis.