The other day, I was talking with my friends about Valentine’s Day. Each of us are fellow proud single women who love ourselves for who we are and watch one another grow on a regular basis. To their surprise, I celebrate Valentine’s Day in full swing as a proud single woman and utilize this holiday solely for loving ME! Valentine’s Day has historically been a couple’s-only holiday and a day to exchange candy cards in elementary school with your fellow classmates. It has ALWAYS been a day that is used to love on others around us and most definitely significant others and it should continue to be that way, BUT it should also be a great opportunity to show ourselves some love, too. So, today, I have listed out 5 ways that ALL of us can show ourselves love this Valentine’s Day.
- Schedule an appointment to get some pampering done because YOU deserve it! – About a week ago, I scheduled a hair appointment the week of Valentine’s Day to get some much-desired highlights. While I rarely go out and get any type of pampering done, I feel so much better personally when I do. It is definitely an investment, so I don’t do it much, but I think that’s why it is such a treat when I take the time and set aside the money for some pampering for myself and myself only!
- Enjoy a nice workout – Whether it be a walk, trip to the gym, or a run, whatever it may be for you, getting some good olde exercise in is always beneficial for the soul. Confessions: I am most definitely ONE that is the worst at scheduling in the time for a workout. That’s why, I have an OrangeTheory membership, as I schedule accordingly and loose a class allotted in my monthly plan if I don’t show up once I do schedule it. Enough of me rambling – haha! Needless to say, I always always always feel amazing when I do make the time for a workout and after I workout.
- Invest in an item on your wishlist (money permitting) – Valentine’s Day is an excellent time to invest in an item on your wishlist that has remained on it for some time now. Last week, I *finally* ordered the Lilly Pulitzer Annaleese shift in Boatylicious, after refraining from buying it for months. It was low in stock at Saks Fifth Avenue, and I felt like I had hit the jackpot. Although an investment, I knew that I had been saving up a lot of my money and knew that it was time to treat myself some, too.
- Reorganize your living space – Yep, you heard me right! Reorganizing pockets of your living space is such an excellent way to truly show yourself some love. Just like a workout, I ALWAYS feel reignited when I take a few moments here and there to simply reorganize my own space, given the things that I already have at home and on hand. It is free AND actually relaxing and can easily be done for a few minutes each day, too!
- Cook/Bake a New Recipe in the Kitchen – If you know me, then you know that I LOVE spending some sweet time in my sweet sweet kitchen. On my Instagram (follow me @_thepinkchickadee!), I consistently share the recipes that I cook, which have most recently been via HelloFresh – a worthy investment that I got my good friends Hannah and Alanna hooked on, too! I always love to cook something for myself and even have pushed myself to on many occasions when I haven’t felt like it and TRUST me, having a great meal at the end of a cooking rainbow is like hitting the jackpot!
Above all else, remember to love yourself this Valentine’s Day season. Life gets CRAZY and there are many times that we forget to take time for ourselves – we have work, families, friends, and so much more in our hands. It’s ALL valid. Self love is some of the the best love, too!
XOXO – Katie <3