My life has been a whirlwind of craze this past week! Stressful to say the least has been the word of the week. There has been a lot of things going on within my family, but luckily we are all OKAY and no one is sick or hurt. As I share my Life of Katie blog posts, I want to be as authentic as I can when it comes to sharing a bit into my life. There has been some uncertainty recently which has been nerve-racking to say the least. Yesterday, Papa and I went out for a much-needed dinner at a local restaurant – The Secret Garden Cafe in the local to us town of Occoquan, Virginia – I shared ALL the details on my Instagram (follow me @_thepinkchickadee). However, I am ready to take on what life has to bring one smile and shot of confetti at a time!
*Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of my links, then I will receive a small commission. This commission is at no extra cost to you. Additionally, this post is not sponsored, and all opinions are my own.*
- Stress – This past week has been stressful to say the least. I am getting ready to make a pretty big purchase amongst other things. While I am super super super excited for this big girl purchase of mine (more to come on that very soon!!), it is also super stressful going through the process of it all. Big purchases are daunting, y’all!
- Devotional – I have been fortunate enough to win my fellow blogger friend Liz of Palmettos and Pineapples‘s (check out her lovely site here!) giveaway with Maghon Taylor of All She Wrote Notes and Day Spring Cards 100 Days of Praise and Positivity Devotional (shop here). This week, I have been turning a lot to this great devotional of mine as I navigate uncertain waters and simply for self growth and peace. Personally, although I don’t share much here on my platform about it, I proudly use my Christian faith as a way of processing all of what life may bring – both in the good and bad times. As I watch Legally Blonde on YouTube since it’s currently free with ads as I write this blog post while struggling to sleep, Elle Woods says “we must have faith in ourselves”. Indeed, we must have faith in ourselves and my faith in myself is also thanks to my devotion to my Christian faith that I am so blessed my Mom brought me and my brother up in with our tight-knit church family.
- Great Movies on YouTube Free with Ads this week – HAHA! Just as I write this blog post, I am watching both Legally Blonde and Legally Blonde 2 on YouTube. Y’all, this week YouTube has been KILLING IT with their movies that they’ve made Free with Ads. Along with Legally Blonde movies, Confessions of a Shopaholic – another movie favorite of mine was made free with ads, too. And, *of course* I had to make the time to watch them ALL!
- Early Birthday Purchase to ME! – SO, I have a little tradition with myself! Every year, I buy myself a brand-new Lilly Pulitzer dress *surprise* at full price (I usually leave my Lilly Pulitzer purchases for their Sunshine Sale – read more about ALL the details on the Sunshine Sale from September 2021 here and January 2022 here). Since Lilly Pulitzer is currently having an AMAZING Gifts with Purchases promotion going on as they do quite a bit, I decided to take the plunge and treat myself a bit early as my Birthday is not until May 1. My Birthday purchase to myself is linked here!
- Cherry Blossoms Excitement – If you know anything about Washington, DC, then you know that it’s well-known for its Cherry Blossom Season. Washington, DC’s Cherry Blossoms are expected to peak on March 23-26 (if I recall!). And, I cannot WAIT for them to blossom. When I was in Raleigh a few weekends ago, the cherry blossoms were starting to bloom there. Needless to say, excitement is an understatement to describe how I feel about Cherry Blossom season as a new Washingtonian!
Here’s to a GREAT week for y’all!!
XOXO – Katie <3