Happy Saturday! This past week was a whirlwind of stress, excitement, and everything in between. From making my first-ever “Big Girl” purchase to celebrating Papa’s birthday to the hustle at work (all great things!), it has been a great week, needless to say. If you follow me on Instagram, (follow me @_thepinkchickadee), then you probably know just a bit of the excitement and will continue to first. Now, let’s get into my current life’s goings!
- Walks are GREAT for the soul! – Sunshine is ALWAYS good for the soul! Recently, I have been working from home a lot as my company has mainly been working remote since COVID-19 began shutting down offices. This past week, I made sure to take the time for ME and take a nice walk in the neighborhood. Last Monday, Papa and I went for a LOONGGG walk with our dog Rosie around the neighborhood and had a nice, enjoyable time too. I have to say, I felt really refreshed and knew that I needed to do it again, even if it’s for 5 minutes around the block. A simple change of scenery makes a HUGE difference.
- I BOUGHT A CAR!!! – So, this past week, I test drove and fell in love with a little white car so much that I *had* to make the move to purchasing it. I named this beautiful now-little white car of mine Daisy. To me, I am super duper excited to have Daisy as my own, as I was driving a family car that I loved before. I had actually been searching for a car since around September of last year. The car market has been awful right now and since last year, due to supply chain issues and the COVID-19 pandemic. At the same time, it was also super nerve-wracking when it came to car shopping and making such a huge purchase for the first time ever on my own. However, when I drove Daisy, I knew that my car search had ended. Luckily, we were able to get a great deal on her (shoutout to my Papa for all of his generous help and time along with me – he’s the best y’all!!), given the current times, and I drove away with her just a few days after initially test driving her! Needless to say, I am SO excited about this brand-new purchase of mine and can’t wait for many more adventures to come. Also, be on the lookout for an upcoming blog post about my var shopping experience in 2022, too!
- Going into the office – Yesterday, I *finally* got an email about picking up my keys for my desk space in my office. My company is slowly but surely going back into the office and discussing the possibilities of the company going back in, too. I am super duper excited about getting to go back into the office, I am actually starting to go back into the office myself here and there and will be more especially in the coming weeks, and even more excited at the possibilities of more and more folks going in over time. My fingers are crossed that my work life becomes more consistently hybrid over the next few months. Google, in fact, announced that all of their employees would be going into the office on a hybrid work format which I think is an exciting move for their employees after COVID-19, too.
- Starting to Volunteer – Recently, I started volunteering with two different places – my church and a nonprofit focused on funding young girls interested in pursuing careers in STEM. Both places I am very passionate about serving others within their differing capacities and am excited to see what’s to come, too. This past Wednesday, I had volunteer meetings/events with both places and felt so so so revived and excited.
- Papa’s Birthday!!! – Yesterday, we celebrated Papa’s Birthday!!! If you follow me on Instagram, (follow me @_thepinkchickadee!), then you probably see photos of my Papa all day every day. My Papa is one of my besties and I also live with him and our dog Rosie. Papa is my grandfather and has been a close, important person and figure in my life ever since I was born. Needless to say, I love him to death and love spoiling him. My family and I had a super sweet dinner for him at my Mom’s house nearby, complete with cake and ice cream. Papa and I got to enjoy driving around in my new car Daisy, so that he could enjoy a Birthday cocktail and have peace of mind when coming home from my Mom’s house for dinner. I ended up treating him to some crab legs (his favorite!) that we’ll make one of these upcoming days. Papa had a great Birthday and LOVED all of the sweet Birthday messages from many of y’all on Instagram and beyond, too!
Needless to say, I had a pretty good week last week and am excited to see what’s to come!
XOXO – Katie <3