Cherry blossoms, Starbucks features, and hustling – OH MY! If you follow me on Instagram (follow me @_thepinkchickadee!), then you know that all has been a whirlwind for me recently. Life has been crazy in a good way recently AND I probably say this about every single The Life of Katie! blog post, yet here we go again – haha!! The life of Katie has been a crazy good recently, with Spring coming in the air yet going again and the process happening all over again, a peaceful week schedule-wise, and a reshare BY STARBUCKS of my content on their own page. Needless to say, it’s been going well over here at The Pink Chickadee. Updates, as always, are listed below.
- A freezing weekend at the Tidal Basin – Over the weekend, my best friend Shivani and I headed out to the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC to see the cherry blossoms as apart of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. It was most definitely a zoo at the Tidal Basin, as the cherry blossoms were in peak bloom then, too. I remember vividly getting off at Metro and there being literal stampedes of people getting off – haha! The stampedes continued throughout the walk to the Tidal Basin as well. However, what neither Shivani nor I expected was there to be rain and sleet *yes, rain AND sleet in the end of March* while we were walking. Thankfully though, the rain and sleet was not as drastically impactful as to damper our day at the Tidal Basin nor keep us from seeing those drop dead gorgeous cherry blossoms. Indeed, the weather was all simply apart of our fun journey to the Tidal Basin!
- A girl’s weekend staycation in Ballston, Arlington, Virginia with my best friend Shivani – My trek to the Tidal Basin with Shivani was all apart of a super duper fun staycation girl’s weekend with her at her apartment in Ballston, Arlington, Virginia. Before moving to the Washington, DC area, I had never heard of Ballston. BUT, once I did, I was in for a treat – Ballston is a super duper fun and lively suburb apart of Arlington, Virginia right outside of Washington, DC. Ballston, indeed, felt like a city outside of a city! Shivani and I enjoyed time simply catching up, as we went to the Tidal Basin, Clarendon (another suburb in Arlington), and explored Ballston a bit, too. We EVEN walked right by my best friend Bryn’s office for this summer!!
- Making plans for this Spring & Summer! – Along with enjoying my plans for this early Spring season, I am also making plans for this upcoming Spring/Summer season. I have MANY plans already made, but there are also many more plans to be made this Spring/Summer too. I will be traveling quite a bit this Spring/Summer season and into the Fall as well, both near and far the Washington, DC area. Needless to say, I am VERY excited for it all!
- Blast from the past early 2000’s movies on HBOMax – This week, I have been enjoying watching some essentially blast from the past early 2000’s movies (along with older episodes of Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix – what’s new there??!!) on HBOMax. So far, I have watched 27 Dresses and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Soon enough, I want to watch Bridgerton on Netflix as my good friends Holly of the Disney ears small business Glitter & Daisies (read her interview on the blog here and shop her GORGEOUS ears here!) and Lindsay of Sunshine & Stair Climbs (read her interview on the blog here!) are highly suggesting it to me. AND, I am excitedly awaiting Season 5 of Selling Sunset (April 22!!!) to appear on Netflix.
- A content reshare by STARBUCKS!!!! – If you follow me on Instagram (follow me @_thepinkchickadee), then you know that Starbucks reshared one of my photos on their social media pages! I was extremely excited to see that a well-known, international brand such as Starbucks wanted to reshare MY content (with my permission and crediting me, of course, Starbucks is SO sweet y’all!!). Funny enough, the photo that Starbucks reshared of mine was actually taken on a whim after getting Starbucks (my usual is a Mango Dragonfruit Refresher!) and discovered that a tree has blossomed beautifully while in Raleigh, North Carolina over President’s Day Weekend. So, in typical Katie fashion, I took a picture of my drink with the blooms: on a whim and without any plan in stow. The best lesson that I learned from Starbucks sharing my content is that all of us must be ourselves and keep doing us, everyone else is taken, so why be someone else?!
XOXO – Katie <3