‘Tis the season to be jolly! Whether we like it or not, Christmas 2022 is coming up. I do not know about you, but I am a MAJOR Christmas fanatic (!!!!). Luckily for myself and my other fellow Christmas loving neighbors in the Washington, DC area, there is PLENTY to do for the holiday season around the Washington, DC area. SO, today, I’m going to be revealing my Christmas 2022 season plans (so far!) AND tips for planning out your own Christmas 2022 season.
My Christmas 2022 Plans
- November 6-8 – Decking the halls in my OWN apartment!
- November 7 – my best friend Shivani’s Birthday celebration in Washington, DC’s adorable Georgetown neighborhood (which will involve me admiring the decor there beforehand!!)
- November 12 – A day trip to Leesburg, Virginia to *hopefully* see some Christmas decorations
- November 13 – A day trip to Annapolis, Maryland to *hopefully* see EVEN more Christmas decorations AND tour the Naval Academy along with enjoying crab season
- November 17-18 – Two days exploring and being productive in Washington, DC while my best friend Hannah is in town for a conference
- November 19 – Exploring Washington, DC’s Shaw neighborhood in the morning while Hannah is at her conference and then when Hannah is done we plan to check out the Downtown Holiday Market in Penn Quarter. We will likely drive by the nearby to my home town of Occoquan after their Christmas Tree Lighting
- November 20 – Likely exploring Washington, DC on Hannah’s free day in town
- November 21 – Another day in Georgetown with my best friend Shivani
- November 24 – Thanksgiving at my Mom’s House
- November 25 – Seeing Frozen live at The Kennedy Center with my friends Brianna and Brittany! Read more about my experience seeing Hamilton there here: https://pinkchickadee.com/2022/10/15/i-saw-hamilton-at-the-kennedy-center/#/
- November 26 – Picking out a Christmas tree with my family!
- November 27 – Visiting The Old Luckett’s Store Holiday House! Read more here: https://www.luckettstore.com/design-house/
- November 28 – Taking Rosie with Papa to get photos with Santa on Pet Day at Tyson’s Corner Center
- November 29 – Seeing Cirque: Spirit of Christmas at Gaylord National Harbor
- December 1 – Holiday Party via a professional society I am apart of
- December 2 – Children’s Hospital Luncheon at my company & traveling to Raleigh, North Carolina for my best friend Hannah’s Birthday
- December 4 – Seeing The Washington Ballet’s Nutcracker at Warner Theatre SOLO!!
- December 8-11 – Traveling to New York City to meet up with my best friend Alanna and do ALLL the Christmas-y things, including The Rockette’s
- December 11 – Going to Enchant – a holiday light show – at Nationals Park with Papa
- December 16-18 – Traveling to Philadelphia for my 2nd Annual Christmas weekend there with my best friend Amanda
- December 22 – Seeing Wicked at The Kennedy Center!
- Thanksgiving Happy Hour that I plan to host
- Christmas Tea that I plan to host
- Christmas cookie decorating party with my best friend Sarah
- Library of Congress tour with my Mom
- Dinner at The Capital Grille with Papa and my Aunt Amy
- A visit to The National Christmas Tree with lunch at Old Ebbitt Grill
- A walk along The National Mall
Tips for Planning Christmas Fun!
- Plan EARLY! You know what they say: the early bird gets the worm AND the best deals
- Leave days, when you can, for rest
- Research things in your area. Pointer: following relevant social media accounts, tourism boards, the news, and influencers in your area will help you find these activities!
- Make a budget and stick to it
- HAVE FUN!
Here’s to spreading some fun holiday cheer!!
XOXO – Katie <3