The remainder of January has been a fun one! On my Instagram (follow me @_thepinkchickadee!!), I’ve been sharing ALL of my January adventures. And, well, let me say this: 2023 is truly starting off with a BANG!
- DC Restaurant Week: This past weekend, I checked out two restaurants as apart of DC Restaurant Week – The Capital Grille and Earls. It was my second-ever DC Restaurant Week as I went to an unlimited brunch buffet at Farmers Fishers Bakers in Georgetown back in January 2022. My memories at DC Restaurant Week this past weekend were such a blessing to me, as I got to enjoy great company, service, and food. I have always been a sucker for aa nice meal out, as it’s time with loved ones and a great meal in utter ambience. Currently, it is Alexandria Restaurant Week until January 29. Papa and I will be checking out a local favorite of ours: Hometown Bar and Grill in Lorton, Virginia.
- 3 Trips Over 3 Weekends: The first 3 weekends of my 2023 started off with waking up in a different city. The first weekend, I was in Bethany Beach, Delaware for New Years Eve to visit my Dad and Step Mom at their full-time home. Dad and I took a day trip to the drop dead gorgeous Dutch-inspired town of Lewes, Delaware which is known as the “first town in the first state”! The second weekend, I went to the Philadelphia area to visit my best friend Amanda who lives there. We spent a day out in the Pennsylvania countryside in the Bucks County town of New Hope. We also explored her hometown of Haddonfield, New Jersey the next day. And, last but not least, I went to North Carolina the third weekend. I stayed with my best friend Alanna in her new town of residence: Chapel Hill. Alanna and I strolled throughout Chapel Hill and *even* checked out the iconic Carolina Inn! The next day, we ventured off to Raleigh, North Carolina to enjoy a nice lunch with some of our best friends at the Cape Fear Seafood Company (a place I have ALWAYS wanted to try!!) and celebrate my 3 years as a blogger. Overall, I am SO grateful to have been able to travel for the first 3 weekends of 2023, however, I am super exhausted from it all and happy to stay put and close to home for the next month.
- Focusing on ME: This 2023, I am striving to focus on ME and only ME. It is sometimes hard when those around me, whether it be close friends or family are in loving relationships and you want that, too. Trust me, one day I do aspire and hope to be in a loving relationship. But, at the same time, I do not want to let my relationship status (or lack thereof) define me today or tomorrow or even next year. I have some very exciting trips, outings around the Washington, DC area, work opportunities, and memories with friends and family to be made this year to focus on. I want to be happy as myself before I ever let someone else into my life. Currently, I am working on learning to LOVE being single (and don’t you, too, my fellow single folks?!) and wrote about it on the blog earlier this month. Read it here: https://pinkchickadee.com/2023/01/11/how-im-learning-to-love-being-single/#/
- Spring 2023 Trend Report: When Amanda and I were in New Hope, Pennsylvania at a boutique, the lady working there came up to me after noticing my ALL pink outfit that Barbie pink AND Kelly green are the it colors for Spring 2023! As someone who is a major Lilly Pulitzer lover and a sucker for pink and Kelly green, her remarks made my year. I am SO excited to be able to rock pink and Kelly green this Spring and Summer with it being super trendy (although I am not a big follower of all trends and would rather get behind wearing clothing that I love and not what is considered “in” or “out”) and embracing it!
- Two Musicals in 48 Hours: Yes, you heard that right – I saw two musicals in 48 hours this past weekend!!! I feel SO lucky to live in a city like Washington, DC where so many musicals that I LOVE come every so often on tour. A fun fact about me is that I was fortunate enough to study abroad in London, England where just about every night I saw a different show in the city’s iconic West End (aka London’s equivalent of New York City’s Broadway!). Wicked was the first show I saw at The Kennedy Center where many shows come on tour to Washington, DC each year. I saw Wicked *pretty close* to the front row in London and just knew I had to see it on tour in Washington, DC! Wicked was SO well-done just like Hairspray on tour – the second show I saw in 48 hours – at Capital One Hall with my best friends Brianna, Brittany, and their super sweet Mom. Read more about my experience at Wicked here: https://pinkchickadee.com/2023/01/24/i-saw-wicked-at-the-kennedy-center/#/
Here’s to continuing to enjoying February 2023 and beyond!!
XOXO – Katie <3