Hey y’all! Welcome to my second-ever The Life of Katie!, where I will essentially be taking y’all into my life and the inner workings of how I create my own confetti. As always, before I get into sharing a bit about my own life, I want to hear a bit about yours. So, at the end of this post, comment one or more things that you’re looking forward to this week – I would LOVE to hear!
*Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of my links, then I will receive a small commission. This commission is at no extra cost to you. Additionally, this post is not sponsored, and all opinions are my own.*
What’s Been on my Mind?!
- Chicago Med – *surprise, surprise* Yes, I started binge-watching yet another medical drama television show! I have been obsessed with ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy and its spin-off Private Practice, so I guess watching another was in the works! I’ve most definitely enjoyed this show and the drama that it offers.
- Work it gurl! – Recently, I have been working on literally working it! Whether it be in my job, on my blog, or focusing on my own self and personal goals, I am striving to create and achieve my own goals in life. In this time of my life, I think it is important to not only invest in myself and my career, but also where I would like to go in my life beyond college. Thinking along the lines of where I see myself 5 years from now, the answer may still be a bit uncertain but I do have an idea of the person that I want to become and how I will acquire the skills to become that woman.
- Fall – Y’all, I AM SO SO SO EXCITED FOR FALL!!!! Yep, you heard me right! With Labor Day weekend upon us, my Fall-obsessed brain has been planning all the Fall content. Although I do not want to giveaway what’s all in store, y’all, I will say that it’s exciting!
These are a Few of my Favorite Things!
- Rae Dunn’s Fall Tumblers and Mugs – I am oh so obsessed with Rae Dunn! Recently, her Fall collection hit the shelves of Marshall’s/TJ Maxx/Home Goods, and I have been smitten. Although I am one that does not usually purchase holiday-oriented tumblers/cups/mugs that I will only use a few months out of the year (surprisingly, I am very practical here!), I found the tumblers and mugs on the shelves of my local Marshall’s/TJ Maxx/Home Goods to be oh so adorable and perfect for those who love holiday-themed tumblers and mugs to sip their favorite drink out of and embrace their best Fall lives.
- Semi-Reversing Last Week’s Blog Structural Changes – Trial and error, y’all! Sometimes new systems put in place do not work, and that is OKAY! I have since realized that my blog structural changes that I put in place last week were not realistic given my super Type A planner persona, so I went back to that structure for my blog, and I think it is for the better. Although I won’t be all out planning, I will be planning a lot more and embracing content ideas as they come to my brain and as I or any other fellow influencer should!
- PSL Season! – It doesn’t get any more basic than this! Last Tuesday August 24, the Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) hit every Starbucks everywhere. As a fellow PSL lover, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to grab a hot PSL despite the 90+ degree heat and humidity here in the DMV – HAHA!
- Washington, DC TJ Maxx’s – I have recently discovered that the TJ Maxx’s in Washington, DC have a better selection of items than the one’s by me at my home base of the nearby Northern Virginia. In the past few weeks, I have visited multiple TJ Maxx’s, Marshall’s’s, and Home Goods’s locations and have indeed preferred the one’s in downtown Washington, DC over the one’s closer to home. I definitely think that my shopping desires better meet those of city folks – maybe I’m just a city girl at heart?!
- Lilly Pulitzer’s New Arrivals – Last Friday, Lilly Pulitzer launched the second line of their brand-new Fall collection. If I tell you that my obsession with it is an understatement, then I would be telling y’all the straight up truth. I am more than obsessed with Lilly Pulitzer’s second Fall line, and I will be the first to admit it. The purple’s, green’s, blue’s and even pink’s are oh so gorgeous and perfect for the upcoming Summer-to-Fall transition and into the Fall/Winter season. You can shop some of my favorite pieces below!
Recent Purchases & My Wishlists Items
- Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Machine – So, last week I was having trouble falling asleep. Being the caffeine addict that I am, I found myself just a few minutes later purchasing the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee machine off of Target’s website with it being on sale for $25. I have yet to test it out since receiving it a few days ago, but I plan to this week. Many of y’all have asked me about it as y’all are considering purchasing one, too, so be on the look out for some reviews.
- Lands’ End Maxi Dresses – I have recently most definitely grown to loving Lands’ End! So, long and behold, I made yet another purchase. Lands’ End is always having clearance sales, and I loved how confident I felt as a 5’2 woman who was finally able to sport a maxi dress that she didn’t need to get hemmed thanks to their Petites section. I was actually telling my Papa how confident I felt in my maxi that he suggested that I buy more, so I did just that!
- Cora’s Den Olaf Earrings – My friend Cassie is a MAJOR gift giver! She came to visit last weekend and she got me the most adorable Olaf earrings from Cora’s Den. Olaf is my absolute favorite Disney character, so I was more than thrilled when I saw that precious pair of earrings awaiting me!
- Lands’ End Denim Jackets – Lands’ End strikes yet again! This time around, I also bought denim jackets along with some maxi dresses. I have been loving Lands’ End’s clearance section and, since they had denim jackets on clearance, I could not resist getting myself some of this Fall weather fashion staple for a steal. You can purchase them here!
- Gifted Customized Girl’s Weekend Merchandise – So, last weekend, my good friends Cassie and Caroline came to visit. Cassie, in fact, owns her own oh so adorable Etsy shop and small business Cassie’s Designs! Cassie designs many customized products that are affordable and adorable – perfect for the budgeting person who wants customization! Being the super sweet and extremely talented and crafty lady that she is, Cassie designed wine glasses and t-shirts for us all to commemorate our super fun Girl’s Weekend here in Washington, DC. You can shop of my favorite products of hers and enjoy photos of the merchandise that she gifted us with below.
What’s on the Docket?!
- Certifications – This week, I am starting a brand-new certification in order to achieve one of my professional goals. I like to say that I am a closeted nerd, as I love love love coding and analyzing alll the data. This certification that I am starting includes both of those things along with some interesting coding/data analytics applications that I didn’t learn in my undergraduate years. It’ll be fun to add onto my portfolio and expand my skills in the workplace, too.
- Fall Trips – Currently, I am getting oh so excited to plan some fun Fall trips! This Fall, I am making up a bit for lost time last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic with family and friends. So, I will be traveling to a few places along the East Coast to see some of my friends and family who I have yet to really see since the pre-COVID days.
Now, I would LOVE to hear what you’re up to this week! Comment something you’re looking forward to below!!
XOXO – Katie <3