If you know me or follow me on social media (follow me on Instagram @_thepinkchickadee!), then you know that I am a HUGE fan of the fashion brand Lilly Pulitzer! Lilly Pulitzer has been my favorite fashion designer for a LOOONGGG time now: I fell in love with her bright and bubbly designs. And, in my high school and early college years, I started expanding my wardrobe to include Lilly Pulitzer pieces. Since then, I have amassed a HUGE closet full of Lilly Pulitzer pieces, a bedroom decked out in Lilly Pulitzer, an office space decked out in Lilly Pulitzer, and *of course* a love for the community and culture of the brand.
Read more on my love for Lilly Pulitzer on the blog here:
- My Lilly Pulitzer Gallery Wall: https://pinkchickadee.com/2022/05/22/my-lilly-pulitzer-gallery-wall/#/
- The Perfect Work to Happy Hour Dress: https://pinkchickadee.com/2022/05/10/the-perfect-work-to-happy-hour-dress/#/
- Preppy Spring 2022 Wardrobe: https://pinkchickadee.com/2022/03/17/my-spring-2022-wardrobe/
- Throwing My Best Friend a Lilly Pulitzer-Themed Birthday Party!: https://pinkchickadee.com/2022/02/22/throwing-my-best-friend-a-lilly-pulitzer-themed-birthday-party/
- Lilly Pulitzer Winter 2022 Sunshine Sale – Tips & Tricks!: https://pinkchickadee.com/2022/01/01/the-lilly-pulitzer-winter-2022-sunshine-sale-tips-tricks/#/
- Happy 90th Birthday, Lilly Pulitzer!: https://pinkchickadee.com/2021/11/10/happy-90th-birthday-lilly-pulitzer/
- DIY Lilly Pulitzer Notebook Cover!: https://pinkchickadee.com/2021/09/16/diy-lilly-pulitzer-notebook-cover/
- Tips for Shopping the Lilly Pulitzer Sunshine Sale: https://pinkchickadee.com/2021/09/10/tips-for-shopping-the-lilly-pulitzer-sunshine-sale/
*Disclaimer: Please note that this post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through one of my links, then I will receive a small commission. This commission is at no extra cost to you. Additionally, this post is not sponsored, and all opinions are my own.*
So, you may be wondering, what is National Wear Your Lilly Day (NWYLD)?! NWYLD is a day commemorated today (or the day that I published this blog post!!!) aka the First Day of Summer/Summer Solstice. THIS IS A DAY in which ALL Lilly Pulitzer lovers love to embrace. We can commemorate our love of the Lilly Pulitzer brand, our community, and share it with others, too. The Lilly Pulitzer brand all started with a juice stand in Palm Beach, Florida. Lilly (McKim) Pulitzer had recently moved to Palm Beach, Florida with her husband and simply needed something to do. So, Pulitzer started a juice stand and uncovered that there were no dresses and pieces that she loved that would cover her juice stains. And, well, that was how the brand of Lilly Pulitzer begun: Pulitzer started making brightly and beautifully printed clothing that would cover her juice stains. Soon after, the likes of the Kennedy family (including former First Lady Jackie Kennedy!!!) and many more flocked to the Lilly Pulitzer brand which has become a prominent brand that many love to this day. Knowing the start of the Lilly Pulitzer brand (which I wrote MANY high school and college papers on – LOL!) is helpful in bringing together the community that Lilly Pulitzer has brought to me and several others as well.
This year’s look to commemorate NWYLD (besides the shift that I am wearing to the office today) was styled a few days ago in Pennington, New Jersey – my hometown up until the age of 8. My favorite piece that I purchased so far this year is my Parigi Skort Romper in Blue Horizon Coming In Hot. I wore this romper favorite of mine for my 23rd Birthday. I styled my romper with my heart-shaped printed pouch that Lilly Pulitzer is Birthday gifting with purchase along with a 15% off Birthday discount with any $150 or $200+ purchase (upon registration for an account and listing your birthday on the Lilly Pulitzer website) that is sent on one’s birthday or around it. And, *of course* I had to wear a Lilly Pulitzer top knot headband and my bright pink Classic Jacks Jack Rogers sandals because I LOOVVEEE my Jack Rogers sandals! Shop the Parigi Skort Romper here: https://rstyle.me/+TMrZQf3de8KAAIkjUgIbJA
Also, I have linked some of my current favorite Lilly Pulitzer products below!
Now, Happy NWYLD & Summer Solstice!!!
XOXO – Katie <3